..... ........ Just Another Project: Child's Name Decor

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Child's Name Decor



This is a project that I've been wanting to do for awhile and finally got it finished and hung last week.

To make this wall-hanging of my son's name for his room, we started with a log of birch wood.



My husband cut 1.5 inch thick cross-sections of the log.  We sanded and sprayed the pieces with polyurethane.

The birch wood disks were then screwed to 1x2 board that was painted black.



Using my Silhouette Cameo cutting machine, I cut the letters of my son's name from adhesive vinyl and adhered them to the wood.


The finished wall-hanging is hung using a saw-tooth hanger.





To see more of my son' room decor, visit:
Nursery Decor Part 1: The Crib Quilt
Nursery Decor Part 2: Pillow and Wall-hangings
Nursery Decor Part 3: Lamp, Hamper, and Diaper Pail
The Star Mobile


Sharing this week on:
     Craft Frenzy Friday  Friday Favs Party















2 comments:

  1. thanks for linking up to Take-A-Look Tuesday over at Sugar Bee Crafts - you were featured today!!
    --Mandy, SugarBeeCrafts.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how unique this project is. And it can grow with your little one too. He can keep this in his room for a long, long time. Thanks for linking up to Gingerly Made's Show & Tell. You've been featured today! http://www.thepinjunkie.com/2014/01/valentine-specimen-art.html

    ReplyDelete